Arlen Online Academy’s AQA Chemistry Combined Science support provides students not only with a comprehensive set of resources, both printed and online, but access to a professional and experienced tuition team to support their learning. Upon registration, students will be sent a resource pack (details below) and throughout the course of their studies be able to access support and guidance from our tutors.
1:1 support from your Biology tutor
Study 24/7, 365 on your phone, tablet or laptop
This programme is applicable for students studying for GCSE level qualifications in Years 9, 10 & 11.
Our resources have been written in accordance with the AQA syllabus and provide a structured, modular coverage of each topic. Units within this programme are:
- Unit 1 – Atomic Structure & The Periodic Table
- Unit 2 – Bonding, Structure & Properties of Matter
- Unit 3 – Quantitative Chemistry
- Unit 4 – Chemicals Changes
- Unit 5 – Energy Changes
- Unit 6 – Rate & Extent of Chemical Change
- Unit 7 – Organic Chemistry
- Unit 8 – Chemical Analysis
- Unit 9 – Chemistry of the Atmosphere
- Unit 10 – Using Resources
Arlen Online provides students not only with the best online and print resources, but also access to our tuition team to answer any questions you may have on the content or exam questions within the programme. Our team are there to support students in their learning and revision on a long term basis throughout the course of their studies.
Stuck on a question? – email Arlen’s tuition team
Don’t understand a topic? – an Arlen tutor will provide an explanation and resources to improve your understanding.
Not enough feedback from school? – submit your work to the Arlen team and we will provide a mark and review for your work.
Unsure how much progress you’re making? – Arlen’s team constantly tracks and monitors the progress of our students via our platform and provides you with up to date feedback recommendations on what you need to improve.
Arlen Online is not designed to provide an easy and quick solution to guarantee you a top grade with minimum effort – if you’ve heard this from other companies then it just isn’t true. Our teachers know that top grades are achieved through hard work and focus, Arlen Online will provide you with the structured and dedicated support to give you the best possible chance of success in the final exam.
When students register as a student with Arlen Online they are provided with:
- A full course pack which includes:
- AQA Approved Text Book – Collins AQA GCSE Biology 9-1 Student Book
- Revision Guide – CGP AQA Combined Science: Biology Complete Revision & Practice
- Arlen Education Question Books – a full set of exam board past paper questions and mark schemes (online) which are only available toeducation institutions and their students, not for private purchase
- Assessment & Report:
- A full ability assessment of current understanding and a personalised report from the Arlen tuition team with bespoke recommendations for improvement
- Online Resources
- Ask A Tutor – full access to our tuition team for support and guidance with any topic or question within the syllabus, we target a turnaround time of 24hrs
- Explainer Videos – concise and focused videos categorised by the syllabus addressing all topics within the programme
- Online Quizzes – our team have compiled a series of quizzes to test content understanding and knowledge, 1,000s of questions with instant feedback all linked to our tracking system to identify any areas of weakness or misunderstanding
- Work Submission – send your work to us for review and improvement recommendations
- Past Paper Questions – a full suite of questions and mark schemes organised by topic with fillable PDF functionality to send back to our team or mark yourself at home. We also provide all available Past Papers for extra practice.
- Monthly Progress Reports – a progress check on work completed in the preceding month with recommendations for improvement
Arlen Education provides tuition and support to groups and individuals via our tuition centres, in person and on Skype to students across three continents. We understand intrinsically what it takes to succeed in the UK examination system and have years of experience in helping students fulfil their potential.
All of our tutors are qualified, experienced, trained and highly professional individuals. They are all Enhanced DBS Certified and have undergone a rigorous recruitment procedure to ensure we provide the best quality tuition to our clients.
Arlen Online provides students with access to 1,000s of past paper questions as well as a full suite of past examination papers. Our tuition team will set assessments and targets for our students to complete in order to progress and track their learning. This is managed by a tutor, not a computer, so we are able to provide bespoke recommendations and advice, not generic, computer generated, “one-size-fits-all” suggestions.
Our online quizzes, run through Educake, feed into our platform and allow tutors to track understanding and progress. These are short assessments written in line with the syllabus and provide students with the chance to quickly practice and test their understanding of specific topics within the programme.
- Arlen Online is a subscription service with no annual commitment
- Should you not find Arlen Online a useful platform (and we very much hope you will!) all subscriptions can be cancelled with 14 days notice before the next bill date
- The subscription cost has two components:
- One-off enrolment fee (to include all materials, initial assessment and tutor report) – £65
- Ongoing Subscription – £15pw (billed monthly in advance)
- During the signup process, clients will be directed to our payment platform to input their details
Meet Our Team
Kieron – MA (Cantab)
Kieron is a very experienced tutor having worked with a range of students from 13+ (his tutees have been awarded King’s Scholarships to Eton, places at Harrow, St Pauls, Cheltenham Ladies and Benenden), to GCSE and A-Level. He has also tutored successful Oxbridge applicants. He passionately believes that enjoyment is a major component of academic progress and always makes this a key part of his tutoring sessions.
He is a graduate from the University of Cambridge and has worked at some of the UK’s leading schools.